Monday, June 18, 2007

Self and Unit Evaluation

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE

1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?
I am most proud of the compendium reviews, the microscope lab, and the genetics lab.

2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?
The cell model definitly could have used some improvement as far as breaking down the aspects more and getting better pictures of everything. Also I would have liked to complete some external research on my ethical issue topic to add into the essay. I feel these sections can be improved, however I also feel that I did the best I could with the time I had.

3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?
I truly believe that I earned at least a solid B on this unit. There is room for improvement, but I also spent alot of time and hard work putting everything together

4. How could I perform better in the next unit?
I am going to get going on the lab project as soon as possible, so I am not trying to put everything together at the last minute and also try to spend more time on my writing skills.

REGARDING THE UNIT (adapted from Stephen Brookfield, University of St. Thomas "Critical Incident Questionnaire")
At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?
I actually felt most engaged while putting together my reviews. When I had to summarize key concepts, and actually write them down (not just read) I felt like I was learning the subjects the best.

At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?
I felt most distanced while completing the cell model. I ran out of time so it ended up being hectic at the end.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?
The most affirming and helpful action was taken by Mr. Frolich for being able to understand my work schedule and work with me on it.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing?
I didn't really notice any confusing actions taken this first unit, I think I was too busy trying to get everything done.

What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
I think the unit itself surprised me the most. Just looking at the requirements I felt comfortable in being able to complete everything. It wasn't until I actually started the unit work that I realized just how much information and detail this unit went into

No comments: