Monday, July 2, 2007

Self and Unit Evaluation

SELF EVALUATION

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE
1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of?

This unit I am most proud of the compendium reviews, and the two online labs (I had a fun time doing these)
2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement?

Well I was satisfied with my essay, but I'm not sure if it was exactly what Mr. Frolich was looking for. Also, My main lab, because the pictures were not how I wanted, but I needed to turn in what I had.
3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit?

I felt very good about this lab, and feel I had a complete understanding of the topics covered. This unit went well because we were studying the same topics in my Medical Terminology class, so that was extra reinforcement. I feel the majority of this unit was "A" quality work
4. How could I perform better in the next unit?
Again, somehow, I need to make more time to spend on the entire unit, so I am not stressed about trying to complete everything without enough time

REGARDING THE UNIT (adapted from Stephen Brookfield, University of St. Thomas "Critical Incident Questionnaire")
At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course?
This time, I would have to say during the Lab. Actually taking vitals and seeing how they were affected by different activities really tied the whole unit together
At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course?
I felt most distanced during the blood pressure online lab, it was alot of data, but to me there was still significant factors missing to really relate it to real life situations.
What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful?
Once again, the most helpful action was taken by Mr. Frolich in working with my work schedule to get the unit completed and turned in. Thanks again
What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing?
None
What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)

I was actually surprised at how easy this unit came together, as far as me understanding the topics and tying the unit together. I think part of this was due to the fact I was studying the same topics in another class, and also this is information I can apply to everyday life and at work.

1 comment:

Larry Frolich said...

Jaima, this is outstanding work on this unit. Just please be sure to work out your time for the next couple units. For the last one it will be impossible to extend deadlines! Thanks for all the hard work. I really enjoyed your essay and am glad you were inspired to think about your own eating habits—but no easy solutions in sight, at least not for society! I also thought your labs were excellent, really show a good scientific mind! Keep it up, Points are awarded on blackboard
LF